Tuesday, May 24, 2011

¿Donde está la internet?

So it is a pain to get internet access here however problem solved. I am staying with a woman named Piedad and I cannot understand most of what she says. She seems nice and has an apartment near the Vinateros metro station where we are staying with a professor from another group.

The flight to Spain was a pain in the ass. While the Dulles to London flight was fine, I got food poisoning which proceded to bother me through my first day in Spain. Who would have thought that airplane indian food would do that to you? Once arriving in London, I was able to experience the planning disaster that is London Heathrow. Lauren and I got to the terminal an hour early, but the gate for our flight was not listed until 20 minutes before our plane was scheduled to depart. We made to Madrid with our luggage so I cannot complain too much.

Yesterday we went on a walking tour after class and saw some of the main sites near the school. On Sunday Spain had it´s municipal elections and because of this there were many students protesting in La Plaza del Sol. We also visited la Plaza Mayor. (I don´t have my computer cord with me, but I will upload pictures when I can)


No comments:

Post a Comment